After putting Anthony to bed tonight, I realized how much I will miss the sweet, simple words he says in his prayers. With each day, the prayers become longer and more detailed, showing me how much he remembers to thank God for.
Tonight, he didn't want to say his prayers, so I told him I would say mine. As I started praying, I asked Anthony what we should thank God for (he usually takes over when I do this). To say the least, we thanked God for the ceiling fan, air conditioning vent, trees, grass, fence, his pillows, trucks, picture frames, piggy bank, closet, windows, blanket and so much more. He also included his sissy, daddy, mommy and Jesus. He ended it by saying, "in Jesus name, Amen."
I know I will cherish these moments forever because we are laying a foundation of faith in his life. I can't wait to do this all over again tomorrow night.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.