Monday, January 3, 2011

Turkey Trot 2010

I know this post is a little late (by a month and a half), but I figured better late than never, right?  Anyway, on Thanksgiving day morning, I ran a 5k called the Turkey Trot that was sponsored by my church.  I've been "training" for this for quite some time, but I finally made it!  I know 5k (or 3+ miles) may seem like nothing to some people, but to me it was a HUGE milestone!  I never figured myself for a runner, but I've done it to lose a few pounds.  Without my sweet hubby's support and encouragement, I would never have done this 5k. 

Anyway, I think this is the start of something great.  Now I'm thinking of running a 5k in March as well as a 10k later in 2011.  Who knows..... maybe one day I'll run a half marathon!  :) 

Here's a shot of me near the finish line.  I had my hubby and two kids cheering me along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.